Dr. Leigh Vinocur (pronounced "lee vin-o-cur") is a board certified emergency physician, award-winning medical advisor in the media, corporate and healthcare sectors, and national spokesperson for the American College of Emergency Physicians. Dr. Leigh began her medical career as a pioneering woman in urology, as one of the first female residents accepted in her program. Then, as an emergency physician, she has served in both academic and corporate medical leadership roles, such as the the Chief Medical Director overseeing more than 100 medical providers caring for more than 150,000 patients per year in multiple clinics throughout the Mid Atlantic region. Most recently, she earned one of the first Master’s degrees in the country for medical cannabis science and therapeutics from the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, and is the founder Ananda Medical Practice.
Along the way, she's appeared in media worldwide as a fascinating, humorous expert on a variety of health and medical subjects with more than 20 years experience as an emergency physician.
A prominent member of the inaugural Dr. Oz Show Medical Advisory Board, Dr. Leigh has been asked for medical advice by virtually every national television network and cable news outlet. She started as a consultant and medical reporter for Baltimore’s NBC affiliate, WBAL-TV and the NBC News Channel
. Since then, Dr. Leigh has become one of the go-to medical analysts including regular appearances on The TODAY Show, the Fox News Channel, CNN
and the Nancy Grace Show, HLN Prime News, Inside Edition
, as well as ABC News
and the CBS Early Show
. She co-hosted a mini series on alternative medicine with Dr. Kevin Soden on Comcast’s Retirement Living Network. She has contributed monthly health columns for the Examiner
, Savvy Auntie
, Huffington Post
, and has been profiled in More
magazine’s, “This is What 50 Looks Like” feature, and the Family Circle
magazine's article "Health Advice from Doctor Moms." She also writes the popular "Ask Dr. Leigh" column in the Heart publication, GreenState, where she answers readers' cannabis-related questions.At-A-Glance
- Author, Doctor, Medical Cannabis Expert
- Board-certified emergency physician
- National spokesperson and Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians / Cannabis Industry and Physician Advisor with emphasis on medical cannabis education.
- Cannabis physician advisor for patients and industry with an emphasis on education and training in medical cannabis science and therapeutics.
- Specializes in interpreting complex medical issues and succinctly communicating them in understandable and entertaining ways
- Received numerous awards for her contributions in healthcare by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence and the American College of Emergency Physicians, to name a few.